STAFF DEVELOPMENT FUND PILOT PROJECT
June 20, 2019
The Local office is accepting applications for PD activities beginning in September until we close for the summer on June 30th. All other semester one activities will be received and reviewed when we return in late August/early September.
Please read the guidelines carefully and submit your completed (with supporting documentation as required) applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Highlighted changes to the guidelines for 2019-20 are:
1. The total amount of funding from the Board increases to $875,000 (paid to the Local in two equal installments).
2. $90,000 from the total allocation will be held for summer activities (see chart in Guidelines).
3. The minimum amount for requests has increased to $150 (from $50).
4. This is a reset year. All applicants are eligible for the individual maximum of $1,800 over the next two years (2019/20 and 2020/21).
5. The Fund will not reimburse for VRBO/Homeaway/Airbnb due to a School Board policy.
If you have any questions, please contact the Local's office (780-455-2164; email@example.com).
STAFF DEVELOPMENT FUND GUIDELINES AND FORMS
Staff Development Fund Guidelines
2019-20 Staff Development Fund Guidelines
Ensure you have read the guidelines prior to completing the application forms. Incomplete application forms will not be processed until all of the required information is received. To access Out of Province forms, follow the link in the Guidelines. You will be required to log in to Connect.epsb.ca; search Staff Development Fund.
Individual Funding Form
Staff Development Fund - 2019-20 Individual Application Form
Group Funding Form
Staff Development Fund - 2019-20 Group Application Form
Expense Claim Form (to be completed after the PD activity and the pre-approval)
Staff Development Fund - 2018-19 Expense Claim Form
Staff Development Fund - 2019-20 Expense Claim Form
September 2014 - Presentation by James Gerun and Kent Pharis on the Staff Development Fund on YouTube.
Not sure where to look for Professional Development Opportunities? Our ATA Librarian has provided us with a general list of organizations in Alberta that provide professional development opportunities for teachers. Click here to access the pdf.
About the Local
Salaries & Benefits
Forms & Surveys