The Local, through the Service to Members Committee, hosts meetings to offer an opportunity for our members on Extended Disability Leave to network and share their experiences. The Peer Support Group meetings are planned by a steering committee. Meetings are generally held on Mondays beginning at 1:00 pm.
2019-2020 Steering Committee Members
Susan Kolbowicz, Chair
Christine Rutherford, Vice Chair
Richard Lowe, Vice Chair
October 1, 2019 - The Cheese Factory
December 3, 2019
March 3, 2020
May 5, 2020
The Extended Disability Peer Support Group of the Edmonton Public Teachers Local No. 37 of the Alberta Teachers’ Association promotes its members by serving as an advocate, and seeking to educate and empower its members.
• Honesty, integrity, fairness and respect will guide all decision making.
• Group is a safe haven for fellowship, acceptance, and a place to belong and find support.
• Support the development of a healthy lifestyle with a balance of self-worth, pride and peace.
• Empower peer support group members to advocate for their own and group needs by working closely with other stakeholders.
• Seek to educate colleagues about Extended Disability and encourage their support.
About the Local
Salaries & Benefits
Forms & Surveys