The Charity Trust Fund is a fund of money assembled through the voluntary charitable donations of teachers who agree to contribute 1/2 or 1% of salary (approximately $20/month) through payroll deductions. These funds are disbursed annually under the supervision of the Local's Donations Committee. A donation form is available here.
The Local, through the Service to Members Committee, administers a Members' Benefit Fund to provide financial assistance to members of the Local who:
a. Exhaust their sick leave entitlement prior to the time that they become eligible for long-term disability benfits, or
b. Find themselves in exceptional circumstances which create financial hardship.
The Fund Frame and Reference and Operating Procedures is available here.
The Local, through the Service to Members Committee, is offering a COVID Care Fund for those members that find themselves in need of a little extra help due to positive COVID-19 assessments in their household.
COVID Care Fund - Hospitalization
If you have been hospitalized due to a positive COVID-19 assessment, let us know by emailing email@example.com and we will send you a small gift from the Local. We ask that you self-identify to respect everyone's privacy.
COVID Care Fund - Expense Reimbursement Guidelines
If you or an immediate family member have contracted COVID-19 or been hospitalized due to COVID-19, a small Fund has been created to assist you with some of the additional expenses incurred while taking care of yourself or others due to COVID-19.
The Local wants to help you by reimbursing for items related to you and/or immediate family members who have been directly affected by COVID-19, to a lifetime maximum of $1,000.
For the purpose of this Fund, family members include spouse, parent, spouse’s parent, child or a member of the teacher’s household – as per Collective Agreement Clause 14.2.7.
Items include, but may not be limited to:
• Parking fees incurred to visit an immediate family member who has been hospitalized due to COVID.
• Child care services to visit an immediate family member who has been hospitalized due to COVID.
• Purchasing of meals for yourself/your family while taking care of a COVID patient in home or visiting an immediate family member that has been hospitalized due to COVID, either heat and serve or take out.
• Pet care services to visit an immediate family member that has been hospitalized due to COVID.
• Professional disinfecting of your home due to a COVID positive patient that was isolating.
• Accommodation costs incurred for you or an immediate family member in your household while quarantining.
To apply for funding, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following information:
1. How you have been affected.
2. What you are asking for reimbursement for.
3. How much you are requesting.
The Service to Members committee will review applications each month and reimbursement will be made upon proof of receipt.
All information will be kept confidential.
Questions? Contact the Local’s office by phone: 780-455-2164 or by email: email@example.com.
About the Local
Salaries & Benefits
Forms & Surveys
News & Updates